List of Major Roads in Pasco County
Below are some of the main roads in the Pasco County, Florida area.
- Interstate 75 runs north and south across the eastern part of the county. Once a major connecting point with Tampa, I-75 has been made obsolete for western residents of the county by the Suncoast Parkway.
- Suncoast Parkway enters the county in the south halfway between Gunn Highway and US 41, and ends in the far northern part of the county at County Line Road (Exit 37), The Suncoast Parkway is a recently-constructed toll road that connects Pasco County with Hillsborough County, where it becomes the Veterans Expressway and heads directly into Tampa International Airport before reaching Interstate 275. SR 589 has four Pasco County exits: SR 54 (Exit 19), Ridge Road Extension (Future Exit 24), SR 52 (Exit 27), and County Line Road(Exit 37).
- U.S. Route 19 is a major commercial center running beside to the Gulf of Mexico on the western edge of the county, and used as a primary connecting route to cities down the west coast of Florida, including Tarpon Springs, Dunedin, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg to the south, as well as Spring Hill, Weeki Wachee, Homosassa and Crystal River to the north.
Alternate 19 is a former section of US 19 that runs closer to the Gulf of Mexico in Pinellas and southern Pasco County than US 19.
- U.S. Route 41 (Land O’ Lakes Bouelvard) is the main south-to-north US Highway through Central Pasco County. It enters the county from Lutz in Hillsborough County and serves as a commerical strip through most of Land O’ Lakes. Further north the road becomes more rural, passing through Gowers Corner, and eventually enters Masaryktown at the Hernando County Line.
- U.S. Route 98 runs northwest and southeast from Hernando County to Polk County. Concurrent with US 301 between Trilacoochee and Clinton Heights.
- U.S. Route 301(Fort King Highway/Gall Boulevard) is the main south-to-north U.S. highway in eastern Pasco County. It enters the county from Hillsborough River State Park in Hillsborough County and becomes the main road in Zephyrhills, Clinton Heights, and Dade City. North of Dade City, the road runs through Trilacoochee and Trilby before it enters Ridge Manor in Hernando County at a bridge over the Withlacoochee River.
- State Road 39 runs northwest and southeast from Plant City into US 301 in Zephyrhills
- County Road 41 (Fort King Highway/17th Street/21st Street/Blanton Road) begins as a hidden state road along US 301 until it branches off to the northwest as a county road in Zephyrhills and runs parallel to US 301 until it reaches Dade City. From here it moves further to the west through Blanton and Jessamine, and after crossing over I-75 curves back north into rural Hernando County where it becomes HCR 541.
- County Line Road (CR 578) is a major county road running entirely along the border with Hernando County beginning at US 19, intersects the Suncoast Parkway, and ends at US 41. Due to increased congestion, it is planned to be upgraded from two to four lanes, and possibly upgraded from a county road to a state road.
- State Road 52 (Colonel Schrader Memorial Highway) an east-west route that runs primarily through the center of the county from US 19 in Bayonet Point to US 98-301 in Dade City.
- State Road 54 (Gunn Highway/Fifth Avenue) another east-west road that runs through southern Pasco County, from US 19 near Holiday to US 301 in Zephyrhills.
- State Road 56 a 2002-constructed road between SR 54 and Bruce B. Downs Boulevard in Wesley Chapel. Planned to be extended to US 301 south of Zephyrhills.
- State Road 575 the northernmost state road in Pasco County.
- Bruce B. Downs Boulevard
- Rowan Road/East Lake Road (CR 77)
- Dale Mabry Highway
- Moon Lake Road/Decubellis Road/Massachusetts Avenue (Pasco CR 587) (N)
- Gunn Highway (CR 587) (S) A short north and south extension of Gunn Highway(SR 54) that runs through Northern Hillsborough County towards Dale Mabry Highway and Busch Boulevard.
- Little Road (CR 1) Major four to six lane county road in western Pasco County bypassing US 19 between southeast of Aripeka and Trinity.
- Trinity Boulevard(Pasco-Pinellas CR 996)